Enquiries to the FranchiseeI would like to thank you for Daily Fresh's and also the Franchisee owner of Time square, who provided me useful information and your co-operate during the interview session.
1. Are you pleased with your investment in this franchise?
A: For the past few years and we have already set up five outlets, the performance of each outlet is vary and some appear to be disappointing. But overall the investment in the franchise is satisfactory.
2. How much money are you making in your investment?
A: In our case, our cash are all immediate invest in another shops, we are creating liabilities before we get profit. Hence there is no making money yet, we are barely breaking even.
3. Has the franchisor lived up to his promises? How the franchisor prepare you before you run the franchise?
A: The franchisor did a good job in assisting, so far, the promises and fulfilled. Before we set up a shop, a blue print of our outlet design has to be examined by the franchisor, and franchisor will advise and give opinion in how to improvise. Besides they do provide staff training and send staff as support during the opening.
4. What is your franchises cash flow like? Average profit per day?
A: The cash flow can be vary from different outlet location and season. On average, revenue per day can be RM 300-500 to RM1000-RM2000.
5. What are your biggest challenges and problems while running your franchise business?
A: Challenges in running a business always exist, from quality control to staff management. Yet, to be particular in franchise business, the issue that might bring a concern is we cannot change or modify the product. For example, they are high demand of using honey as the filling of waffles or lemon as the topping of corns, yet we could not just add-on the product because they have to be served in a manner as the franchisor does.
6. How effective was the training you received in helping you run the franchise? What kind of training or assistance provided by the franchisor to you?
A: In my opinion, training is always better with on-hand practical training. Franchisors allow us to send our staffs to an operating outlet, and the experienced workers or trainers will provide sufficient in preparing the product as well as doing the sales report.
7. How much cost pay for loyalty to the franchisor & advertising fees?
A: The loyalty is 5% of the total revenue, whereas advertising fee is vary each year, but usually is within ten thousand.
8. What do you like most about being a franchisee? And the least?
A: One of the favorable franchise traits is sharing the brand name. It is difficult to build a position in consumer mind from an unknown brand. With the strong brand name, it helps a lot in positioning. Besides, we could rely on the specialize R&D of franchisor, which we do not have to worry what new product should be introduced. The least favorable thing would be the lack of flexibility. We have to serve or prepare product in a guided manner. There is a lot of customers who reflect some idea for us, yet we could not just modify products or preparation for the product.
9. Knowing what you know now, would you buy this franchise again?
A: In my opinion, franchise is one of the best options where investor has limited knowledge about the market and with limited resources. For current circumstances, with the limited resources we holding, we would still go for franchise if we plan for further investment.
10. What was your greatest disappointment after getting into this business?
A: There is not much of disappointment in the sense of the franchising system. Just a minor issue such as could not modify product and have to follow the guideline which sometimes create wastage of ingredient.
Here are some picture that provide by the Daily Fresh franchise at Time square.